About the Gallery
The Lewis Glucksman Gallery is a cultural and educational institution that promotes the research, creation and exploration of the visual arts. Located at the main entrance to University College Cork on Western Road, the Glucksman is an award-winning building that includes display spaces, lecture facilities, a riverside restaurant and gallery shop.
About Dr. Lewis Glucksman (1925 - 2006)
The Lewis Glucksman Gallery is named in honour of Dr Lewis Glucksman. Dr. Glucksman was a successful investment banker and renowned philanthropist who with his wife, Loretta Brennan Glucksman, generously supported cultural and educational projects in Ireland and the US.
Loretta Brennan Glucksman is currently the Honorary Patron of the gallery.
Board of Directors
Michael Murphy, President UCC, ex-officio
Nicholas Fox Weber
Bridie Hartnett, Secretary
Stuart McLaughlin, Chairperson
Gerard T. Wrixon
Chris Clarke, Senior Curator
Elly Collins, Facilitator
Brian Crotty, Facilitator
Tadhg Crowley, Assistant Curator
Rachel Hobbs, Retail and Development Manager
Damian Jones, Administrator
Fiona Kearney, Director
Sarah Levy, Facilitator
Aideen Quirke, Facilitator
The gallery offers curatorial internship opportunities related to various strands of the Glucksman's artistic programme. These project-led placements are awarded on the basis of an advertised application process. Ongoing internship opportunities are available to UCC students through the UCC Works programme. Find out more about gallery internships here.
There are no positions available at present.